About Group Membership
The Stand Community Organizing Centre offers annual Group Memberships to any group or organization committed to supporting The Stand Community Organizing Centre’s mission, has completed the registration process, and is approved by the Board for membership.
Our Mission: The Stand Community Organizing Centre is a hub that helps build social movements by facilitating the exchange of knowledge, resources, and mutual support to work towards social, environmental, and economic justice within a decolonizing framework.
Like stands of trees, our goal is to co-create a sustainable ecosystem of symbiotic relationships that nourish and sustain the lithe activist community.
Group Membership Benefits
To make it easier for grassroots groups to organize, here are a few of the things The Stand offers:
- Zoom Business account – Free access to The Stand’s “business” tier Zoom account with option of pay-per-use add-on features (ie. webinar, breakout rooms) at 50% off Zoom’s regular prices
- Canva Pro account – Free access to Canva Pro, a user friendly app for designing posters and graphics for mission related work
- Access to equipment rentals
- Free profile page on www.thestandcentre.ca
- Custom email addresses – Option to link your groups website domain to The Stand’s G-Suite for Non-profits to access free user accounts using your domain name
Group Membership Dues
Option #1 – $50/year
Option #2 – Non-monetary contributions to the mission of The Stand
- Lead a workshop to share your group’s knowledge or skills with others
- Commit to adding your events to the community calendar
- Like/follow/share on social media – Ask your members to like/follow/share
- Write a review for The Stand
- Someone from your group joins one of The Stand’s working groups (Ex. Communications, Fundraising)
- Nominate representatives of your group to sit on The Stand board