About Group Membership
The Stand Community Organizing Centre offers annual Group Memberships to any group or organization committed to supporting Treaty 6 Justice Collective’s mission, has completed the registration process, and is approved by the Board for membership.
The Stand Community Organizing Centre is a hub that helps build social movements
by facilitating the exchange of knowledge, resources, and mutual support
to work towards social, environmental, and economic justice
within a decolonizing framework.
All Member Groups are encouraged to contribute to mission of The Stand. Here are some ways to do that:
- Participate in General Assemblies with other member groups
- Exchange knowledge, resources, and mutual support with other member groups
- Collaborate with other member groups on projects and campaigns
- Attend and host meetings, workshops, and events at The Stand
- Share and receive information through The Stand's monthly email newsletter, Community Calendar, Facebook Page, and Twitter Feed
- Attend board meetings of the Treaty 6 Justice Collective, the non-profit that manages The Stand
- Free meeting and event space rental, equal to the value of the yearly dues
- Plus access to subsidies for additional space rentals
- Member pricing on equipment rentals
- Access to the Community Skills & Resource Directory (under development)
- Option to rent a locker and/or a mailbox
Dues for Annual Group Memberships in The Stand are $50/year. Sliding scale options are available when need be.