National Truth & Reconciliation Day Smudge Walk
On Thursday, September 30, 2021 at Kiwanis Memorial Park.
6:30PM – OPENING PRAYER
7:00PM – SMUDGE WALK
8:00PM – SPEAKERS
Join OPG and Chokecherry youth on September 30, National Truth & Reconciliation Day, for a candlelight Smudge Walk to remember all Indigenous children, families & communities affected by Residential Schools.
Kiskisiwin means ‘remeberance’ or ‘memory’ in Cree. Chokecherry youth are asking the community to join them on Thursday, September 30, 2021 for a candle light smudge walk to remember all Indigenous Children, families and communities affected by Residential Schools.
- Please bring your own lighters and/or matches
- Candles will be distributed by the E-Fry team
- Face masks are mandatory at all times
- Face masks and sanitizer will be provided by Prairie Harm Reduction & Black Lives Matter YXE
- Keep a safe distance from others (6 feet apart) during the walk and throughout the gathering
Thank you to our Community Partners
- Okihtcitawak Patrol Group
- Prairie Harm Reduction
- Cree Canaries
- Elizabeth Fry Society of Saskatachewan
- Black Lives Matter YXE
- Lost Indigenous Children
- Young Indigenous Women’s Utopia
- Islamic Relief Canada
FACE MASKS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING ARE MANDATORY